Monday, November 22, 2010

Kyle Hackett--Aluminum Sketchbook





Kyle Hackett
Aluminum Sketchbook
10"x6"x1"

I started by creating and referencing, a cast aluminum sketchbook that I created. I then used these “aluminum sketches” to create various prints with different color variations. In my final drawing, I reference the prints all well as the aluminum sketchbook. I am very interested in how the history of a material can create meaning. I reverse the roles and create 2-dimensional objects in forms of sketches on a 3-dimensional sculpture however the sculpture produces a 2-dimensional print and final drawing. The actual drawing is considered “final” however is initial identity (the aluminum sketchbook) is metal, something that can last forever. I treat identity as a journey and as being defined by and affected by the amalgamation of experiences something undergoes upon a specific journey.


No comments: